• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I keep trying?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProSeDadinMD

What is the name of your state? MD

As it stands right now, we are in a “wait-and-see” mode, as we are going to court on the 3rd of April, and everything else has been completed. While I’m confident in what is going to happen in court, in respect to the Wednesday overnights, I would prefer to be able to reach an agreement beforehand.

I last sent a response to …her:rolleyes: … on 3/19/07, regarding her latest contradictory refusal to negotiate:
Thank you for you response. You are now stating that you would allow something that you feel has an "adverse impact" on ****** to continue for the next several months. If there is such an "adverse impact", this would not be in ******’s best interest. While you are correct that you "have stated numerous times" your "reasoning behind the wednesday removal", what you have stated has all been your opinion, "feeling", or belief. At no point in time have you presented me with evidence of any "adverse impact", despite repeated requests for such information, as well as offers to make a change after the review of any information provided. I have also obtained a copy of ******’s records from school, which give no indication of such an “adverse impact”. This, again, leads me to the logical conclusion that no such evidence exists, or that you are purposely concealing such evidence from me. This is not in keeping ******’s best interest in mind, as without the pertinent information I would not be able to make a sound decision. Nor is it attempting to maintain a reasonable co-parenting relationship.

The removal of Wednesday overnight visitation is therefore not a “workable point” for me. Since you have stated that without me agreeing to the removal of Wednesday that you would be unwilling to continue to attempt to reach an agreement, I can only state again that we shall have to let the court decide this issue.

As always, I am open to reach such an agreement regarding this matter.

I also Cc’d her lawyer.

There has been no response from either …her:rolleyes: … or her lawyer. Should I bother to try again?

Last edited:

CJane

My opinion?

Stop talking to her. Stop trying to 'negotiate' anything at all. At this point, the law is on your side, and you're virtually guaranteed to not only keep your current schedule, but perhaps squeeze a day or two out extra since that's standard. Mom is going to have to PROVE to the judge that it's not in the kid's best interest to spend those overnights with you, and she's not going to be able to do that.

Silence on your part is the best thing that you could do right now. Refuse any negotiations that don't hand you what you want, and stop trying to get them to compromise. It's not going to happen.

fairisfair

you already know my thoughts, I told you days ago that I would stop talking with her via email. She is obviously not going to compromise or present her evidence, if there is any. Let it go to court.

ProSeDadinMD

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I thought. Thanks. I'm just trying to be the reasonable one. It's the appeaser in me:eek: .

My gf responded to the letter that …her:rolleyes: …lawyer sent her regarding the deposition he scheduled on 3/30/07. Since she just started a new job, she unfortunately won’t be able to attend that. She told me afterwards that he sounded slightly panicked by that. She apparently also told him that she wasn’t even sure why she was being deposed, since this is really between …she:rolleyes: … and I, and she isn’t directly involved. When she implied that she may not be able to make it to court, he apparently said something along the lines of “it’s probably too late to reschedule that”.

As for ...her:rolleyes: ... "evidence", unless she has somehow convinced the teacher to come in to court and lie, I'm not worried about that. Those grades that didn't improve between the first and second report card stayed consistent at "satisfactory", with the sole exception of Phys Ed, but I don't think that's a homework issue;) .

ProSeDadinMD

You are inferring that we are legal like?? Just FYI, by bumping she put your post, oh yeah, and her name, on the front page. LOL
Actually, I'm inferring that I will start pouting like the folks who don't get the advice they wanted.

Some peoples idea of "fairness" amazes me.

BTW, while I understand not doing anything else, patience in this sort of thing is not my strong suit. I feel like I should be doing something.

fairisfair

Actually, I'm inferring that I will start pouting like the folks who don't get the advice they wanted.

Some peoples idea of "fairness" amazes me.

BTW, while I understand not doing anything else, patience in this sort of thing is not my strong suit. I feel like I should be doing something.
Pouty MEN are icky.

Well my car needs to be washed if that helps any. :p ;)

How about planning what you and little Miss Pro Se are gonna do for the next 52.14 Wednesdays??? Oh that is a year of wednesdays, at least that is what I came up with anyways!!!! LOL

ProSeDadinMD

How about planning what you and little Miss Pro Se are gonna do for the next 52.14 Wednesdays??? Oh that is a year of wednesdays, at least that is what I came up with anyways!!!! LOL
Pouty anybody's are "icky";)

I haven't washed my own car since November, so yours will have to be after that.

And, I always rounded it down to an even 52:D . And last night, Little Miss Pro Se told me that she had brought up to ...her:rolleyes: ..., on her own, why she couldn't see me more. The answer? "That's just the way things are":( , and "Other kids don't get to see their families at all"...

I was wondering what kind of calender ...she:rolleyes: ... was using. How does losing 3 weeks(well, 22 days after she gives me 30 days in the summer) amount to:
proposed visitation schedule would provide up to 4 weeks of overnights for vacation time, but would theoretically reduce" ...the total # of overnights... "by elimination of the Wednesday overnight visitation. In practice, the actual number of overnights under Plaintiffs plan would be about the same
?

fairisfair

Pouty anybody's are "icky";)

I haven't washed my own car since November, so yours will have to be after that.

And, I always rounded it down to an even 52:D . And last night, Little Miss Pro Se told me that she had brought up to ...her:rolleyes: ..., on her own, why she couldn't see me more. The answer? "That's just the way things are":( , and "Other kids don't get to see their families at all"...

I was wondering what kind of calender ...she:rolleyes: ... was using. How does losing 3 weeks(well, 22 days after she gives me 30 days in the summer) amount to:
?
perhaps her sundial under a tree?

Wow, "other kids don't get to see their families at all" . . . . how. . . . . . . motherly, oh, and I mean that in the mother F-erly kind of way. ;)

ProSeDadinMD

Actually,...

... my intention has been to lay the facts out as I see them. No "confrontational" or irrational responses, unlike ...her:rolleyes: .... I've also done my best to maintain an open, honest, line of communication between us. That has not been the case in reverse.

Either way, I am zipped...:p

fairisfair

... my intention has been to lay the facts out as I see them. No "confrontational" or irrational responses, unlike ...her:rolleyes: .... I've also done my best to maintain an open, honest, line of communication between us. That has not been the case in reverse.

Either way, I am zipped...:p
Well, :eek: thanks for that ROTFLMAO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">