• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Pursue legal Action ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rested

So I moved from Florida November 2017 while I was out in Florida I had comcast which I had canceled at the end of oct 2017 turned in all the equipment at the office had no lingering charges I was good. then in December of 2017 i receive an email that I was 2 months past due I spoke to someone they said oops we will make sure to have this taken care of I was like ok good. Jan 2018 rolls around and I receive mail that I owe $100 for early cancellation after about an hour speaking 2 different representatives they realise they made and error on there part I am told they are going to have this taken care of then june 2018 comes around and I find out that I had been put in collections for the 100 dollars I call and speak to a supervisor who said they apologize and will have this taken care of immediately I ask for some sort of proof they tell me that they are unable to give me anything however there info is shared directly with collections so this will be taken care of immediately then i find out in September it had not !when I spoke to someone at the collections agency I was told comcast only place a credit and I still had a remaining balance and at this point it the amount owe had went up from the original amount, I was able to speak to someone at comcast and he gave me the ticket information that showed that it should of been disputed and not just credited and is also in the collections agency records.

at this point I am just upset about all of this I want to take legal action
but is it the correct action to go and is it really worth my time at this point ?

quincy

So I moved from Florida November 2017 while I was out in Florida I had comcast which I had canceled at the end of oct 2017 turned in all the equipment at the office had no lingering charges I was good. then in December of 2017 i receive an email that I was 2 months past due I spoke to someone they said oops we will make sure to have this taken care of I was like ok good. Jan 2018 rolls around and I receive mail that I owe $100 for early cancellation after about an hour speaking 2 different representatives they realise they made and error on there part I am told they are going to have this taken care of then june 2018 comes around and I find out that I had been put in collections for the 100 dollars I call and speak to a supervisor who said they apologize and will have this taken care of immediately I ask for some sort of proof they tell me that they are unable to give me anything however there info is shared directly with collections so this will be taken care of immediately then i find out in September it had not !when I spoke to someone at the collections agency I was told comcast only place a credit and I still had a remaining balance and at this point it the amount owe had went up from the original amount, I was able to speak to someone at comcast and he gave me the ticket information that showed that it should of been disputed and not just credited and is also in the collections agency records.

at this point I am just upset about all of this I want to take legal action
but is it the correct action to go and is it really worth my time at this point ?
This is not defamation.

It appears an error was made by Comcast on your past account with them and you will need to get it remedied through Comcast.

Good luck.

quincy

Here are links to 2016 reports about FCC fines assessed against Comcast for billing errors.
https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/11/news/companies/comcast-fine-fcc/index.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/11/497588744/comcast-fined-2-3-million-for-improperly-charging-customers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.consumeraffairs.com/amp/news/FCC-fines-comcast-23-million-for-billing-errors-101116.html

If you cannot get billing and collections corrections and relief by contacting Comcast and working through their customer service channels, you can file a complaint against Comcast with your State Attorney General.

Last edited:

rested

Wow thank you so much! and I apologize for posting in the wrong forum I assumed wrongful credit posting would be defamation
truthfully I could easily pay the balance of 16 dollars to get rid of it but I feel its not fair that I am having so much headaches because of their negligence

quincy

Wow thank you so much! and I apologize for posting in the wrong forum I assumed wrongful credit posting would be defamation
truthfully I could easily pay the balance of 16 dollars to get rid of it but I feel its not fair that I am having so much headaches because of their negligence
The type of headaches that Comcast is causing you are, unfortunately, not compensable. :)

There was an interesting response by Comcast Corporate* in 2016 to the FCC fines, where they promised to improve their customer service. I am thinking they might still have a ways to go.

Good luck.

*"Comcast Statement on FCC Consent Decree"

Here is a link to the FCC documents on Comcast:
https://www.fcc.gov/document/matter-comcast-corporation

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">