• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I renew my green card?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One has to have the new, Real ID or a Passport. Yes, it could be a state ID instead of a Driver's license.
I was actually talking about the passport and it was in response to your prior statement that one won't be able to fly if they don't get the RealID compliant license.

PayrollHRGuy

I'll take some of the blame because I didn't notice the PREVIOUS necroposting, but there is a message that has been removed prior to mine. And I can live with that because it let me vent about security theater and the TSA.

petercook

Most U.S. green cards expire every ten years. It’s best to file Form I-90 for a green card renewal 6 months before the expiration date on the green card. If that date has passed, you will not lose your permanent residence. But you should apply for a green card renewal as soon as possible. Do not file Form I-90 for a green card renewal earlier than six months before the expiration date

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">