• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Reopen Closed Bankruptcy Case to Add Debt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drstelly2870

What is the name of your state? CA

I filed for a Chp. 7 in January of 2005 and it was discharged on 2/01/05. At the same time I was involved in a dispute with my landlord over repairs and was withholding rent. However I did not want to run the risk of getting kicked out (with notice of an impending bankruptcy) and I also thought the problem would get solved amicably (it didn't); therefore I only included her on my Schedules B [sec. deposit] & G as an unexpired lease and not anywhere else. Now months later she has sued and won a judgment against me for past rents owed to her for Dec. 2003 to Jan. 2005. I would like to reopen my case and include this debt/judgment. (1) If she was listed on the Schedules B& G was she, in fact already ''included'' in this bankruptcy and do I even need to re-open my case at all? (2) Is this something the court would likely approve for discharge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">