• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I stay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paper1755

What is the name of your state? CO

A co-worker of mine has an arbitration underway based on race discrimination and I am concerned as to how it will affect me. I am currently seeking employment elsewhere, though I have no case with the company and am currently in good standing. I support this coworker in the persuit of the case and if need be will testify or act as witness. Will my leaving this company affect the arbitration and will testifying ruin my standing with the company and affect my job future?

V

veryhardworker

You said you were looking for other employment was this before of after the fact?
If you are looking for another job does your employer know? If so why not ask for a letter of recommendation to use as future ref?
How long have you worked there and why do you want to leave?
Do you see any race discrimination going on?

Beth3

paper, answering your questions would require the responder to have a crystal ball. How can anyone here possibly tell you how your employer will react?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">