• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I still consider a TPR?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

binghamv

Husband of 10 years was finally convicted and sentenced to 23 years in state maximum security prison and 12 years extended supervision with no contact with anyone undr 18 yrs. including his own children. Filing divorce Dec. 1 (had to meet residency requirement). District Attorney was considering a TPR petition prior to sentencing, but now says it is unnecessary. I would like to think the battle is over, but I am not sure. Should I file the TPR anyway?

H

hbriggs007

The judge is probably right, being that it doesn't seem necessary. He will have no rights anyway to the children, as he'll be 'locked up' for 23 yrs, plus an additional 12 yrs extended supervision with no contact with his kids.

I don't think it matters either way.

B

binghamv

tpr

but can he still drag me into court to fight over what schools I send the kids to, or if I decide to move?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">