• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I sue? at what cost?I need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

simbaman

anybody have any advice???

i was acquitted in federal court in NJ of 2 counts of Conspiracy to distribute a large amount of marijuana. I was under house arrest for 7 months. i work for fedex. i paid approx 60G for a lawyer to protect me from the DEA. I did in fact deliver boxes of contraband but i did it unknowingly. at the time i had about 80 deliveries a day. and for the most part couriers are not concerned w/ what's in the pkgs. and they tried to connect me with the recipient of the stuff. Very bogus. it killed me financially and my name was all in the paper and local broadcast outlets. the truth came out in court. USA vs me.
fedex KNEW the contraband was going thru on my route and they in essence allowed me to break the law. Can I sue them for negligence? and My lawyer wants me to pay for all of his incidentals during the claim. Is that a standard practice during a civil suit?...........
fedex also uses a stalling tactic by hiring a new lawyer
everytime the case comes up to delay and trys to crush a
potential problem in court by hitting the problem in the
pocket. fedex figures a person cannot keep up with the
lawyers fees.

[Edited by simbaman on 06-14-2001 at 10:09 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">