• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I turn down misdemeanor probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

All bologna is pretty gross. I'll make a few BLT's, some strawberries, Spring water, and a sour cream coffee cake... sans metal file.
Sorry to be the one to alter your image of jail but ... you will be feeding BLTs and strawberries to the jail officers and you will be eating bologna.

Mass_Shyster

Pack your own bologna sandwich. Jail bologna is not good.
That might not be the best idea. You can get in trouble in Mass for bringing unauthorized bologna into a jail.

268/31/A - PRISONER, DELIVER ARTICLE TO c268 §31

on [DATE OF OFFENSE:] did deliver or procure to be delivered, or possessed with intent to deliver, to an inmate confined in a penal institution, or did deposit or conceal in or about the institution, or the dependencies thereof, or upon land appurtenant thereto, or in a boat or vehicle going into the premises belonging to the institution, an article, with intent that an inmate should obtain or receive it, without the knowledge and permission of the Commissioner of Correction or of the superintendent, keeper, sheriff or other officer in charge thereof, in violation of G.L. c.268, §31. (PENALTY: state prison not more than 3 years; or jail not more than 2½ years; or not more than $500.)

quincy

That might not be the best idea. You can get in trouble in Mass for bringing unauthorized bologna into a jail.

268/31/A - PRISONER, DELIVER ARTICLE TO c268 §31

on [DATE OF OFFENSE:] did deliver or procure to be delivered, or possessed with intent to deliver, to an inmate confined in a penal institution, or did deposit or conceal in or about the institution, or the dependencies thereof, or upon land appurtenant thereto, or in a boat or vehicle going into the premises belonging to the institution, an article, with intent that an inmate should obtain or receive it, without the knowledge and permission of the Commissioner of Correction or of the superintendent, keeper, sheriff or other officer in charge thereof, in violation of G.L. c.268, §31. (PENALTY: state prison not more than 3 years; or jail not more than 2½ years; or not more than $500.)
Bologna might be easier to smuggle in than BLTs and strawberries or hacksaw but, in case you didn’t guess, my post was not to be taken seriously. ;) :p

PayrollHRGuy

Bologna might be easier to smuggle in than BLTs and strawberries ... but, in case you didn’t guess, my post was not to be taken seriously. ;) :p
Joey on Friends found a way to smuggle bologna that would have worked but I don't think it would work for Blue.

As someone that reads a LOT of background checks, I will say that the multiple misdemeanors will pull more attention than 15 days worth of jail time on one of them.

Yeah, in so many words that’s pretty much what lawyr said. Look, I’m not proud of the last couple of years but no felonies or stuff and I really don’t think
I’m evil. If jail itself isn’t worse on the background report (which was my question), maybe a couple weeks in there I can use to straighten up. I told him I’d think about it and call him Tues. Leaning toward the 15 days right now, as the probation rules they want are BAD. it’s just that Stealth2, my atty and a couple guys who have been to County here all say it’s totally not a nice place, and worse than the pd where I spent that 1 night. I still think I can handle myself, but will think about it. Thanks, people.

quincy

Yeah, in so many words that’s pretty much what lawyr said. Look, I’m not proud of the last couple of years but no felonies or stuff and I really don’t think
I’m evil. If jail itself isn’t worse on the background report (which was my question), maybe a couple weeks in there I can use to straighten up. I told him I’d think about it and call him Tues. Leaning toward the 15 days right now, as the probation rules they want are BAD. it’s just that Stealth2, my atty and a couple guys who have been to County here all say it’s totally not a nice place, and worse than the pd where I spent that 1 night. I still think I can handle myself, but will think about it. Thanks, people.
It is not exactly an easy decision for you to make but at least you are given a choice. Many aren’t.

And if Felicity Huffman can survive prison, you probably can survive some days in jail.

I recommend you rely on your attorney’s advice and direction.

PayrollHRGuy

I haven’t seen too many of the Friends episodes. Definitely don’t remember seeing that one. :)
Short version. Joey had a tryout for a big movie that included a nude scene and with a director that was known to be very picky on realism. The character was supposed to not be circumcised, he was. Monica made several prosthetics (bologna being the winner) and hilarity ensued.

quincy

Short version. Joey had a tryout for a big movie that included a nude scene and with a director that was known to be very picky on realism. The character was supposed to not be circumcised, he was. Monica made several prosthetics (bologna being the winner) and hilarity ensued.
Ahh. I can see how hilarity would ensue.

I probably won’t make a point of searching out that episode. Haha. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">