• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shrink wrote letter of lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

downstlouis10

:eek:Missouri
Aug '06 saw shrink 3 times. Total 45 min, max. 300 mg wellbutrin, he then upped to 600. Went out of town. I had seizures for 2 days. His office irate with him. Reduced to 300mg. His secr. fired me?? Have had 6-10 more seizures since and ended up in ER twice. He wrote bad, lieing letter to my PCP. I have letter along with notes hw wrote. Had to tape shot talks...wasn't enough in notes for him to recall. He's an old man with narcolepsy. There is no confidentiality????? Who keeps it secret, if not the shrink? Embarrassed and afraid people believe him. It is in their minds, even if the back of their minds.
Help! He knew what he was doing. Been shrinking for too many yrs not to have known.:mad::eek:What is the name of your state? Missouri

Last edited:

quincy

Okay.
And you have another shrink now, I take it?

You didn't really ask a question about defamation, but I am guessing that is why you posted here. If your psychiatrist sent a letter to your physician with information about you, perhaps as a way to assist with your medical treatment, the confidentiality still exists between the doctors. In order to treat you medically, it may have been important for your physician to know about the care (and medicines) you received from the psychiatrist. I do not see, from what you have posted here, any defamation.

Last edited:

downstlouis10

Shrink's letter

Yes, I have another shrink. The first guy, wrote about my children, husband, family. Said I was a druggy and an alchoholic. Neither being true. The entire letter in itself was very defamingand in no way ould have helped anyone or their doctor. My PCP didn't look at the letter as a help. He asked me what happened that the shrink fired me? The shrink was still out of town. He fired me? (his secr, rather) the same day he wrote letter to my doctor. Very defamming.:confused:

Last edited:

quincy

I was unaware that a doctor could "fire" a patient. Curious.

There is probably no defamation suit here. The communications between the doctors were privileged, and your physician's communication to you was privileged. Your physician is giving the psychiatrist's comments from the letter the weight they deserve, apparently, and so you should not worry about the psychiatrist's comments affecting your treatment.

You could file a complaint against your former psychiatrist with the Missouri Mental Health Commission or the Missouri State Licensing Board. They will investigate him.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">