• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sick Leave Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjal2

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I was an employee of a UNION and upon leaving I did not get compensated for sick leave. In its constitution it states that members (which I am) are entitled to compensation for lost leave. It also states that it has a no loss no gain policy on this issue. In view of this could I be eligible for this leave leave - (this accumulation could be over 1600 hours)

Thanks in advance.

sjal2

JETX

sjal2 said:
I was an employee of a UNION and upon leaving I did not get compensated for sick leave. In its constitution it states that members (which I am) are entitled to compensation for lost leave. It also states that it has a no loss no gain policy on this issue. In view of this could I be eligible for this leave leave - (this accumulation could be over 1600 hours)
And what EXACTLY was the response when you asked your former employer that question??

sjal2

no way

Union (employer) said no way - only pertains to part time not full time employees. (Constitution shows no distinction......should a lawyer and suit be filed (or threat of suit)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law does not require that unused sick time be compensated at termination. Therefore, your issue is with the union and must be handled through their grievance procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">