• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sick Leave unpaid upon termination.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

employee_ca

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA.

I am a full time exempt employee in CA. My company has more than 2000 employees. Company wont pay me my accrued sick leave of 160 hours after 4 years of working there and resigning the job. Also, the company has a wierd policy of that we have to use all our paid time off leaves which we accrue every pay period (every 80 hrs we get 5 1/2 hrs each pay period), before we can avail this sick leave.

Is it legal for the company to not to pay the accrued, i would use the word "EARNED" sick leave hours after resigning from the company? That is like 2 pay cheques i am going to lose what i earned if they dont pay it. Is there any legal way to handle this? Pls advice.

pattytx

There is no state (not even our employee-friendly California) that requires accrued sick leave be paid out at termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">