• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick time & disability integration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tom_b

What is the name of your state? California

I am a non exempt employee and work at a non-profit organization.

I was out from work for less than a month due to a medical situation. Following my employer's policy manual, I completed the state disability paperwork required for employees who are away more than the determined amount of consecutive days for medical reasons. Although I had to fill out disability paperwork, I also used my sick time for the duration of my time out since the timesheets had to be submitted on a set schedule before the disability paperwork could be completed.

I received two disability payments from the state. My employer said that they would integrate the disability payments with the sick time I had to report for the duration of my time off. I was told that I would then get some of the sick time back (I don't know how that amount is calculated).

I was wondering whether my employer is obligated to return this sick time to me within a certain amount of time or is it at their convenience?

Or if you know of any resources online that I can consult, I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">