• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sick time payout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m37buddy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MA. MY COMPANY IS SELLING ONE HALF OF ITS COMPANY, ONE HALF RETAIL THE OTHER PROPERTY MANAGEMENT. I WORK ON THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SIDE, I AM BEING TOLD I WILL LOSE ALL MY ACCRED SICK TIME, I FEEL IT WAS THERE DECISION TO SEPERATE, I WILL STILL WORK FOR PROPERTY SIDE.THEY WILL PAY ME VACATION, HOLIDAY.TIM :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't tell if you're talking about the payout of sick time on termination, or providing paid sick time, but neither is required under either Federal or Massachusetts law. It may or may not be fair, but your employers are acting legally.

Last edited:

m37buddy

Sick Time Payout

I WOULD NOT BE TERMINATED OR QUITTING,, THEY WILL PAY ME VAC, HOL, BUT LOSE SICK TIME, I HAVE 332 HOURS, BECAUSE ONLY ONE PERSON IS SCHEDULED DAILY, EVEN WHEN I FELT SICK , I WENT IN . ALSO I BANKED THE HOURS IN CASE I REALY HAD A SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEM. I FEEL THEY WAITED TILL THE LAST MINUTE TO TELL ME SO I COULD NOT LOSE IT.WOULD A LAWYER BE ABLE TO HELP IN THIS CASE. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP :confused: TIM

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, a lawyer could not help. There is absolutely no law requiring that the provide paid sick time at all, let alone that they allow you to bank it. Unless you have a bona fide, enforceable contract that says otherwise, they are acting absolutely legally.

BTW, typing in all caps makes your post hard to read and is considered shouting on the internet. Please turn off your caps lock.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">