• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jack #8

I’m located in CT and signed a contract with a tree company to remove multiple uprooted trees and to cut down 1 large tree they informed me was dead. They verbally said they were licensed and advertised on line that they were fully licensed. The contract has a start date and they verbally agreed to a job completion in one week. To this day they have not sent me there license number which has been asked for numerous times. They started the job but are obviously not putting in more then an hour or 2 a day. After further investigation of the names on the contract I found multiple land scaping companies under there names. With complaints if slow work taking deposits showing up for a day or 2 then never hearing back from them. Do I have chance on getting this contract voided?

adjusterjack

They verbally said they were licensed and advertised on line that they were fully licensed.
Find the ad and make a copy.

Here's where you can look them up to see if they have a license:

https://www.elicense.ct.gov/Lookup/LicenseLookup.aspx

And file a complaint at:

http://portal.ct.gov/DCP

they verbally agreed to a job completion in one week.
"Verbally" is a dangerous word when you are dealing with contractors.

To this day they have not sent me there license number which has been asked for numerous times.
Should have insisted on it and verified it before signing with them.

With complaints if slow work taking deposits showing up for a day or 2 then never hearing back from them.
How much was the contract price?

How much did you give them up front?

How many hours have they spent on the job so far?

Do I have chance on getting this contract voided?
No way to predict what the consequences will be. Check the state for a license and answer my three questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">