• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed exclusive, non-compete contract for job but left dangling without a job or any compensation, is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr. Teacher

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hi, I signed up for a paid job training which I and others completed.

I also signed an exclusive, non-compete job contract in which after completing the job training, I agreed to not work for anybody else other than the employers provided by the training company.

However, after completing the training, the training company has failed to provide any work or compensation. Am I still bound by the original exclusive, non-compete job contract?

I/we all need income/compensation to survive! HELP!

Is there any online/web resources which shows that this contract is no longer binding?

Just Blue

I also signed an exclusive, non-compete job contract in which after completing the job training, I agreed to not work for anybody else other than the employers provided by the training company.

However, after completing the training, the training company has failed to provide any work or compensation. Am I still bound by the original exclusive, non-compete job contract?

Is there any online/web resources which shows that this contract is no longer binding?
Contract review is beyond the scope of this site. I suggest you take your contract to a local attorney for review. https://www.gabar.org/

The GA Bar will provide you a reference to a local attorney likely at a reduced fee for your consultation.

LdiJ

I am going to guess that if they never hired you, that the non-compete would not hold up in court. However, as previously advised, you really need to run it by a local attorney who can read it and advise you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">