• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed Repair Estimate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sopranomack84

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS
I have a signed estimate that was initially emailed to me from my dealership for repairs. On the estimate it has a price for tires 4 of them for $88. I asked the service manager about the price and he said that that was Labor. However on the repair estimate next to the price of tires or any price on this estimate for that matter there is nothing that says labor so do they still have to honor the price of $88 for the tires?

xylene

tires are a part, installation is labor.

the estimate was for installation labor. the op's estimate does entitle him to the installation of 4 tires for $88 and should expect not to and insist on paying nothing more for that labor.

the estimate does not include the tires, which the op believes, wrongly, should be free because the were erroneously omitted.

Personnally, there are many tire shops and at this point I would go to a different shop.

Litigator22

I'll tell you what do, opera star.

Keep silent allowing the tires to be replaced as per the "estimate" after which you to try to have the vehicle released to you claiming they agreed to replace the rubber at $22 per wheel and not $88 per unit!

In the meantime get used to taking the bus sharing your foolhardy notions with anyone caring to listen.

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
They weren't free. The invoice said EIGHTY EIGHT DOLLARS. But thanks though.
There's no need to be rude. You received the correct response -- the tire shop is not bound to give you 4 tires for $88 installed.

Fun fact: if you refuse to pay, they're free to put your old, crappy tires back on your car and send you on your way. As they should.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">