• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing orders before addressing reconsiderations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truebluemd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

My reconsideration was granted and we have a hearing today. Yesterday I got a copy of the signed order that the master proposed. Is it common for judges to sign off on proposed orders before the reconsideration has been addressed?

I am unfamiliar with MD laws. However, in Kentucky, the statues say that after a commissioner makes a recommendation, you have 10 days to file objections and then the judge may, after a hearing, adopt, reject, etc...the recommendation.

I can also tell you that in my case (in Kentucky) I did file objections within the 10 days, and the judge, WITHOUT a hearing, entered an order adopting the recommendations.

What happened at the hearing?

Maybe if you update, including the results of the hearing, if you still need advice...one of the seniors will comment.

Wish you the best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">