• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AshanPD

What is the name of your state? California

Hi guys,

I was talking with the owner of a small business and he has agreed to sell his products for about 10% more than the unit's cost for every sale I generate, with the rest going to me. Sounds simple enough, but I want to raise my profits by hiring more sales people below me and collecting additional commisions off their sales.

I'm sure the best way to go about this is to seek advice from an attorney and set up a company, but I don't have that kind of money (I'm 18 and broke) So how could I set this up cheaply. Liablility is not a concern here, all I need is a legal entity that will allow me to

1. Set up a sales agreement with the company I am marketing
2. Allow me to have employess
3. Allow me to collect payments from my employee sales

Another big plus is if the entity is "easy to run" because I haven't even done a tax return yet and don't want to be tearing my hair out on some complicated company tax return!

Any Advice is appreciated

Thanks

HomeGuru

AshanPD said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hi guys,

I was talking with the owner of a small business and he has agreed to sell his products for about 10% more than the unit's cost for every sale I generate, with the rest going to me. Sounds simple enough, but I want to raise my profits by hiring more sales people below me and collecting additional commisions off their sales.

I'm sure the best way to go about this is to seek advice from an attorney and set up a company, but I don't have that kind of money (I'm 18 and broke) So how could I set this up cheaply. Liablility is not a concern here, all I need is a legal entity that will allow me to

1. Set up a sales agreement with the company I am marketing
2. Allow me to have employess
3. Allow me to collect payments from my employee sales

Another big plus is if the entity is "easy to run" because I haven't even done a tax return yet and don't want to be tearing my hair out on some complicated company tax return!

Any Advice is appreciated

Thanks
**A: why can't you get a real job with a real employer?

A

AshanPD

well i'm starting work with mcdonalds on saturday, but it sure would be nice to supplement my income with my own business! :)

HomeGuru

AshanPD said:
well i'm starting work with mcdonalds on saturday,

**A: that's great.

but it sure would be nice to supplement my income with my own business! :)
**A: sure, you can work on this part time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">