• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sister fell down stairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dianabee

What is the name of your state? NY
Hi
My sister fell down my basement stairs three years ago. She went to the hospital and received 5 stitches. She is now becoming an invalid with what might be Alzheimer’s. She hasn’t had any tests done yet. Her husband just got a lawyer and is her guardian or whatever you call it when you talk for the person. He wants the records from the hospital because he said all her problems started when she fell down the stairs. Also he said they can compare the x-rays of her head from that time to now to see if there are changes to help them diagnose her condition. Can he sue me for her fall in my house after this much time?? She just needed stitches; she did not have a concussion.
Thank you
diana

HomeGuru

dianabee said:
What is the name of your state? NY
Hi
My sister fell down my basement stairs three years ago. She went to the hospital and received 5 stitches. She is now becoming an invalid with what might be Alzheimer’s. She hasn’t had any tests done yet. Her husband just got a lawyer and is her guardian or whatever you call it when you talk for the person. He wants the records from the hospital because he said all her problems started when she fell down the stairs. Also he said they can compare the x-rays of her head from that time to now to see if there are changes to help them diagnose her condition. Can he sue me for her fall in my house after this much time?? She just needed stitches; she did not have a concussion.
Thank you
diana
**A: yes he can sue.

D

dianabee

Hi
What can he sue for? her medical expences? Or her mental state right now. When she fell she said to me she wesn't going to sue. She said the same thing to my Mom.
Will that help if he tries to sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">