• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sister-in-law trying to get more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilith49

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?kentucky

my father-in-law and my mother-in-law died within 2 weeks of each other. they had no will. they had three living children and never had any others. 8 monthes after they died my husband their second child passed away. we had three children,all grown. 11 months after my husband passed she became excetor of the estate. she sold the house and the lawyers told her that she would have to give 1 third of the estate to me and my children. she got an extra 1800.00 for her trouble. i just found out that she also got a 3000.00 dollar life insurance policy from her fathers death that we couldnt get before because they wanted a legal executor before they would give it out. me or my children never recieved any of it because she didnt tell them about us. i dont even know if she shared it with her other brother, since we never talk because of her husband and because my brother-in-law just got out of prison after 12 years. can she do this or should we have gotten my husbands third. i really wouldnt care except my husband died without life insurance and me and the children have went without to pay for the funeral and headstone. we just finished june of this year. she and the rest of his family knew this and they never even offered a flower at his funeral. he and i were both disabled at the time of his death and i am still disabled. so you must know how hard it has been for me. all my children are working minimum wage jobs and have children to take care of. 1000.00 dollars isnt much but to us its a lot. we used most of the money we got from the house to pay off the funeral and head stone. we had 5 years to pay it of but we couldnt stand him not haveing a marker to show his resting place

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">