• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SISTERS DEPT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PATSYLIN1

MY QUESTION IS MY SISTER GOT CREDIT CARDS IN MY NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME . SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW FOR EMBEZILMENT SHE SAID SHE WOULD PAY THE BILLS BUT HAS NOT BEEN PAYING THEM. ALSO WHEN SHE WAS IN TROUBLE BEFORE FOR EMBEZILMENT I AGREED TO USE ONE OF MY CREDIT CARDS TO BAIL HER OUT OF JAIL SHE AGREED SHE WOULD PAY THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS ON ALL THIS BUT HAS NOT SINCE GETTING OUT OF PRISON. MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO OR HOW CAN I MAKE HER PAY THESE BILLS. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON WHAT AND HOW TO PROCEED. THANK YOU PATSYLIN

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PATSYLIN1 said:
MY QUESTION IS MY SISTER GOT CREDIT CARDS IN MY NAME WITHOUT PERMISSION FROM ME . SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW FOR EMBEZILMENT SHE SAID SHE WOULD PAY THE BILLS BUT HAS NOT BEEN PAYING THEM. ALSO WHEN SHE WAS IN TROUBLE BEFORE FOR EMBEZILMENT I AGREED TO USE ONE OF MY CREDIT CARDS TO BAIL HER OUT OF JAIL SHE AGREED SHE WOULD PAY THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS ON ALL THIS BUT HAS NOT SINCE GETTING OUT OF PRISON. MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO OR HOW CAN I MAKE HER PAY THESE BILLS. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON WHAT AND HOW TO PROCEED. THANK YOU PATSYLIN
My response:

Please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post. This will help to increase your chances for a response to your post. We thank you for your kind cooperation.

If you haven't mentioned your State name, or the State where your problem has occurred, please tell us in your first sentence.

IAAL

JETX

First, GET YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY FIXED!!!

Now, with that out of the way, I need to see if I understood your post correctly....
You knowingly loaned money to bail out an embezzler, who hasn't paid you back and then she used your personal information to fraudulently get a credit card in your name. Now, you want to know how to get your money back and what to do.

This one is simple:
1) Forget about getting your money back. Based on your description of this person, they wouldn't pay a judgment anyway.

2) Get a current copy of your credit history from all three CRA's (Credit Reporting Agencies). Then look for any credit report that is NOT yours. Contact the credit card company/companies and file a complaint against her for fraud. Then be prepared for a LONG battle with them to show that this was fraud, and that you were not aware of it.

3) When/If she is arrested and jailed for credit card abuse and fraud, don't bail her out.

Finally, when you see your sister again, beat the crap out of her for putting you in this position. It won't get your money back, but you will probably feel better!

(I know, I will probably get flamed for being rude or cruel or abusive, but there are really very few options for this one..)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Applause, applause, applause.

That is not family member; she's a common criminal.

You obviously hit the nail right on the head, Steve.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">