• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander at church

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ambassador

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My girlfriend is being slandered by an old girlfriend of hers. Her old friend is trying to get back at her for being friends with her ex-boyfriend. The old friend first tryed herassing her with text messages (10-15 ) per day, leaving nasty messages on the phone and sending nasty letters but when the old friend realised she wasn't getting the results she wanted she went to my girlfriends church ( were she is an diacon ) and told the minister all kinds of lies like she uses drugs, she is a hore and other things that i can only quess. This has caused great trama and dispare in her live and at her place of worship. please tell me if she has a case for slander. Thank You.

BelizeBreeze

PLEASE take Spelling when you move to high school.
And based on your post, no, this is not slander.

Unless you can 1. prove she said these things and 2, your girlfriend suffered legal damages.

This is a cat fight. nothing more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">