• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander by ex employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momhun

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Colorado

After some disagreements and an unpleasant argument, my employee walked out on her job. She has written a letter to my superiors which contain untruths. They are questioning my professionalism and my reputation in the community is being affected. This is a small town. She also has talked to people in the community about me claiming that she was wronged and now one of the people she spoke to has also written a letter. I do not know for sure what their letter says, but I do know that it was based on my ex-employee and what she is saying about me.
I do not really want to sue, but I would like to have a lawyer write her and the other party a letter saying that what they are doing is slander. Is this slander? Would a lawyer write such a letter on my behalf?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

momhun said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
Colorado

After some disagreements and an unpleasant argument, my employee walked out on her job. She has written a letter to my superiors which contain untruths. They are questioning my professionalism and my reputation in the community is being affected. This is a small town. She also has talked to people in the community about me claiming that she was wronged and now one of the people she spoke to has also written a letter. I do not know for sure what their letter says, but I do know that it was based on my ex-employee and what she is saying about me.
I do not really want to sue, but I would like to have a lawyer write her and the other party a letter saying that what they are doing is slander. Is this slander? Would a lawyer write such a letter on my behalf?

My response:

We don't know if it's slander. You never gave any details of your argument, nor what she has said to others about you.

So, see an attorney with whom you can be completely candid.

IAAL

C

CharlieAngel1

What kind of statements did she make in the letter? And are they "facts" or just her opinion? If it's her opinion, there's nothing you can do. If it's facts, it will depend on the nature of the facts, and on whether they damage you in any way. If you need help, please write down some examples of the statements she made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">