• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander - daycare problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

The owner of the daycare center has accused me of slander.
An ex employee of the center told me a child got out of the center into the parking lot and was wondering around. I asked another parent at the center if she knew anything about a child getting out. I let the woman know this came from a disgruntled employee. And basically presented it as this is what I hear, have you heard anything. We both investigating and believe the truth to be that a child got out to the parking lot but not for as long as the disgruntled employee suggested. The daycare owner would not even answer to the question. She just kept threatening me slander if I asked anyone else about it. Isn't it my right to ask and try to find out the truth? I have an 18 month old girl in there. Actually had, pulled her yesterday. Someone let me know if you think she has a case against me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">