• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander?? harrassment??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexandria1957

What is the name of your state? Maine
My 15 year old son has a friend who's parents are divorced. As I got to know the kid and his family, it became clear to me that his mom not only has a drinking problem, but a personality disorder. She lies constantly and can come up with an answer quick. She likes the "looking good" lifestyle in the community, she is a realtor.I found I trusted the kids father more as a parent and that he is very open to hearing constructive criticism and talking over issues with the kids. The mother is abusive to the kids verbally and emotionally. One boy was is 16 refuses to see her, and she of course blames everyone else, convincing the community that he is a "bad kid" and that she has no responsabillity for the relationship. I stopped allowing my son to the mothers house as she blamed him constantly for things that her 11 year old did, even if they saw the 11 year old do it. In her twisted mind, I became the enemy. She called my son in August or September 2004, screaming at him for causing the break up of her son and his girlfriend. She made threats to him " You better hope I don't find out you said something" I went to take the phone from my son as I could see he was getting upset, and she started screaming to my son on the phone"she;'s a skanky whore,,,,,Tell her she better watch her step....bring it on sister" My son went into shock I took the phone and hung up. We were at a bonfire in October at the fathers house for the kids to celebrate homecoming. It was drug and alcohol free, except she sat in the kitchen of the house, where she was not invited, drinking. The father stayed outside and chose to ignore her to not cause a scene in front of the kids. We all, kids included were just waiting for her to leave. SHe came arragontly out to the fire, my 13 year old was sitting on a chair, his back to her, and she came up behind him, wrapped her arms around his neck and began kissing his face and neck, for a few minutes. My sons reaction was to leave and go into the house, visably upset,. I followed and found him shaking and yelling at me"you're my mother, do something" I stayed in the house with him. She came in to get her things to leave so he went back out, as I did, I waited on the steps to approach her about touching my son. I said to her calmly, "don't ever touch my children again" She came over to me in a threatening manner, finger in my face, yelling "**** you you skanky whore" I stayed focused, and said " I am the mother of that child, He did not like what you did. He is not an adult, I am. Don't touch him again" She then proceeded loudly to the fire to tell my 7 year old daughter that her mother is a skanky whore and she was yelling it in her face. My daughter cried, sobbing "stop it" and she continued to yell in her face. My 15 year old son as well as her 16 year old son told her to stop. She told my son"shut the **** up, I don't need your ****" and continued yelling. At that point my son removed his little sister from the area and brought her to me in the driveway. THe woman came stomping around the corner, she and her 11 year old got in the car, she aimed for my son as she backed up, and flew out of the driveway. I decided at that point we were finished with friendships with this family, it wasn;t worth it. The boys and father were welcome to stop at my home, but I would not put myself or kids back there again. SO now its January, my 15 year old is invited to a party at a friends house. The message was left by the son of the crazy woman. After thinking for a minute, he calls him back. The womans husband answers the phone, telling my son he owes his wife a huge apology and yadda yadda,,,,,crazy huh? He told my son not to plan on spending any time with his step son cause they have plans. My son said "i know I was invited also" Her husband said " i dont think so " and hung up. Within a half hour my son got a call, he was uninvited as the drunk woman called the woman who was having a party, telling her my son is a thief and disrespectful and yadda yadda........If we pass her on the road, she points and laughs. I still don't respond to her childishness. But I still am bothered by what she had done to my family. Any suggestions??? Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

alexandria1957 said:
What is the name of your state? Maine
My 15 year old son has a friend who's parents are divorced. As I got to know the kid and his family, it became clear to me that his mom not only has a drinking problem, but a personality disorder. She lies constantly and can come up with an answer quick. She likes the "looking good" lifestyle in the community, she is a realtor.I found I trusted the kids father more as a parent and that he is very open to hearing constructive criticism and talking over issues with the kids. The mother is abusive to the kids verbally and emotionally. One boy was is 16 refuses to see her, and she of course blames everyone else, convincing the community that he is a "bad kid" and that she has no responsabillity for the relationship. I stopped allowing my son to the mothers house as she blamed him constantly for things that her 11 year old did, even if they saw the 11 year old do it. In her twisted mind, I became the enemy. She called my son in August or September 2004, screaming at him for causing the break up of her son and his girlfriend. She made threats to him " You better hope I don't find out you said something" I went to take the phone from my son as I could see he was getting upset, and she started screaming to my son on the phone"she;'s a skanky whore,,,,,Tell her she better watch her step....bring it on sister" My son went into shock I took the phone and hung up. We were at a bonfire in October at the fathers house for the kids to celebrate homecoming. It was drug and alcohol free, except she sat in the kitchen of the house, where she was not invited, drinking. The father stayed outside and chose to ignore her to not cause a scene in front of the kids. We all, kids included were just waiting for her to leave. SHe came arragontly out to the fire, my 13 year old was sitting on a chair, his back to her, and she came up behind him, wrapped her arms around his neck and began kissing his face and neck, for a few minutes. My sons reaction was to leave and go into the house, visably upset,. I followed and found him shaking and yelling at me"you're my mother, do something" I stayed in the house with him. She came in to get her things to leave so he went back out, as I did, I waited on the steps to approach her about touching my son. I said to her calmly, "don't ever touch my children again" She came over to me in a threatening manner, finger in my face, yelling "**** you you skanky whore" I stayed focused, and said " I am the mother of that child, He did not like what you did. He is not an adult, I am. Don't touch him again" She then proceeded loudly to the fire to tell my 7 year old daughter that her mother is a skanky whore and she was yelling it in her face. My daughter cried, sobbing "stop it" and she continued to yell in her face. My 15 year old son as well as her 16 year old son told her to stop. She told my son"shut the **** up, I don't need your ****" and continued yelling. At that point my son removed his little sister from the area and brought her to me in the driveway. THe woman came stomping around the corner, she and her 11 year old got in the car, she aimed for my son as she backed up, and flew out of the driveway. I decided at that point we were finished with friendships with this family, it wasn;t worth it. The boys and father were welcome to stop at my home, but I would not put myself or kids back there again. SO now its January, my 15 year old is invited to a party at a friends house. The message was left by the son of the crazy woman. After thinking for a minute, he calls him back. The womans husband answers the phone, telling my son he owes his wife a huge apology and yadda yadda,,,,,crazy huh? He told my son not to plan on spending any time with his step son cause they have plans. My son said "i know I was invited also" Her husband said " i dont think so " and hung up. Within a half hour my son got a call, he was uninvited as the drunk woman called the woman who was having a party, telling her my son is a thief and disrespectful and yadda yadda........If we pass her on the road, she points and laughs. I still don't respond to her childishness. But I still am bothered by what she had done to my family. Any suggestions??? Thank you.
Yes, stay the hell away from these fools and explain to your son that any further contact with the other child will be done in your home.

If the mother or stepfather calls, hang up on them and your son should also. If it persists or if the outburst continue in public, file a police report for harrassment and petition the courts for an order of protection.

Then, if you meet her late at night on a deserted road or alley, try out your new driver ;)

alexandria1957

response

I have already done all that. I agree the chance meeting in the dark alley is a thought....I hate the facade...I'd love to see her exposed and held accountable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">