• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander/libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moore2222

State: AR ---I am a lpn working in a nursing home in Arkansas for four months on the midnite shift supervising cna's.An unknown employee called the state/attorney generals office and said I was abusing residents and cna's which was all false. When I came to work everyone was sleeping on the job and not caring for the residents and I got them up and moving and they resent it. Another LPN on the midnite shift that relieves me began telling the CNA's that they shouldn't have to do what I tell them, certain things were not their job, ect. I had written up several CNA's for violations including abusing me verbally.

A few nites ago a mandatory meeting for the nite shift employees was posted by the administrator. I went to the meeting and was hit with a complaint on resident abuse that an anonamous employee had called into the state/attorney general office. No one at the meeting would say that I had done any of the things I was accused of. All they did was gripe about how they had to work. The LPN that was the trouble maker said that asking someone to do something and the tone used was the way to get things done. I always ask the employees and my tone is exceptable by cna's that work. Needless to say even tho I am not guilty of any thing I was embarrassed and it was a tramatic experience for me. The next day I quit my job in fear that the next time someone might lie and cause me to loose my license or worse. How can I find out who did this and do I have a recourse against the nursing home for hitting me with this meeting without first informing me what it was about?

[This message has been edited by moore2222 (edited June 25, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">