• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gary Cleland

I am the president of a HOA in Ca. At our last meeting one of the home owners who does not like me said to me and in front of everyone "My tenant tells me that you are a Peeping Tom and you have been looking in their windows". The tenant does not like me either and he has a history of making false accusations about me to his landlord. This home owner made this statement solely to embarrass me and discredit my ability to function as president. I want to sue the home owner not his tenant for making this statement. Do I have a solid slander case against him. Your response is greatly appreciated. Thanks

A

Attorney_Replogle

I am not sure that you have a solid case. Obviously what is important is that you not be a Peeping Tom. You should give more information as to what happened at that meeting. Plus, how has your reputation been damaged, if at all, by that statement?

For more reading on Slander in general, go to freeadvice.com/law/576us.htm. To consult with an attorney, go to attorneypages.com.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">