• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sleep disorders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monaghan

On: 09/21/1999 4:46:30 AM
Subject: sleep disorder

I have been laided off for two weeks with pay. There are contacting their attorneys on what to do with me. I have severe sleep aphnea and I fell asleep talking to my boss. Before now I couldn't afford the sleep mask cause I had no medical coverage but I just got coverage, the mask will help my disorder. I need to work. I need some advice on what I need to do.

G

gg

Subject: RE: sleep disorder

I have a friend who recently died as a result of sleep apnea at age 40. Never sick a day in his life.

Can you go on disability? Can you see a lawyer who will represent your interests? Are you protected by the Americans with Disability Act?

D

Dr. Hannibal

I have sleep apnea too. I use to have problems staying awake during meetings. Falling asleep almost all the time. I have been on a CPap/BiPap for over 10 years. Insurance companies are funny about paying for pre-existing conditions. Check carefully before you just assume that it will be paid for. There are companies that sell used equipment. Just run a search on the web "sleep apnea". Get the problem fixed and check back with your employeer...also why didn't they have medical insurance on you to pay for this???
Good Luck and do get a machine if you need one...it is just a matter of time before you don't wake yourself up after an attact...

A

Attorney_Replogle

Find an attorney using this site's attorney listings. You will want a labor lawyer. The question is whether your disability fit under the federal Americans with Disabilities Act or your state's version of that law. Do this soon. Do not expect the company's attorneys to take actions that are in your best interests.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">