• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip and Fall in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gotwyngs

A collegue and I went to lunch during the summer of 97.The resturant we visited is a franchised site.Twenty minutes into our meal,the fire sprinkler system,broke above where we were seated.In an effort to get out of the way,I tore a meniscus in my right knee.After a year of conservative treatment,we opted for the operation.The knee was operated on in April of 99.I was put on disability by the orthapeadic surgeon. In july of 99,I received notification from the employer that they were terminating my position with my employer of 18 years.In October of 99,my physcian,diagnoised me with severe depression.I have not worked since April of 99.Of course all of my bills are late,my question gentlemen,how can I keep the bank from repo'ing my vehicle.Will a letter from the attorney telling them that they will be the frist paid help,as there are no leins on this claim.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gotwyngs:
A collegue and I went to lunch during the summer of 97.The resturant we visited is a franchised site.Twenty minutes into our meal,the fire sprinkler system,broke above where we were seated.In an effort to get out of the way,I tore a meniscus in my right knee.After a year of conservative treatment,we opted for the operation.The knee was operated on in April of 99.I was put on disability by the orthapeadic surgeon. In july of 99,I received notification from the employer that they were terminating my position with my employer of 18 years.In October of 99,my physcian,diagnoised me with severe depression.I have not worked since April of 99.Of course all of my bills are late,my question gentlemen,how can I keep the bank from repo'ing my vehicle.Will a letter from the attorney telling them that they will be the frist paid help,as there are no leins on this claim.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Such a letter "could" help, but it's highly doubtful. I must presume that you have already asked friends and reletives for money, and have come up blank.

In California we have the following rule:

"Loans During Representation Permissible: After the attorney has been employed, he or she may lend money to the client for any reason, based on the client's written promise to repay the loan." [Ca Professional Conduct Rule 4-210(A)(2)]

If your State has a similar rule, ask your attorney if he is willing to loan you some funds. You may be required to sign a promisory note and put up some collateral for the loan. If you are thinking that your case, itself, can be collateralized - - it can't.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited April 03, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">