• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall on condo property by condo owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wheels222

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? MA.
Are there any cases of a condo owner , in a multiple unit dwelling, having sustained a severe injury on the property due to a slip, fall , on icy and snow covered stairs . No railing is in place and no management of winter conditions were done. Out of work for 1.5 months so far and disability checks only cover half normal salary.

HomeGuru

wheels222 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? MA.
Are there any cases of a condo owner , in a multiple unit dwelling, having sustained a severe injury on the property due to a slip, fall , on icy and snow covered stairs . No railing is in place and no management of winter conditions were done. Out of work for 1.5 months so far and disability checks only cover half normal salary.

**A: yes and there are cases involving non condo owners as well.

W

wheels222

reply for information regarding condo case

Can you let me know of any examples of cases that would apply...
The case involves an owner who fell on the outside steps (4)
covered with 2 in. of ice and a blanket of snow... compound compartental fracture of tibia/fibia and trimalleolar ankle with rodding twice of the tibia and it is the right foot.
No railing to catch on to and the automatic motion light delayed with turning on above the door way.
Thanks for anything you have to offer.

HomeGuru

Re: reply for information regarding condo case

wheels222 said:
Can you let me know of any examples of cases that would apply...
The case involves an owner who fell on the outside steps (4)
covered with 2 in. of ice and a blanket of snow... compound compartental fracture of tibia/fibia and trimalleolar ankle with rodding twice of the tibia and it is the right foot.
No railing to catch on to and the automatic motion light delayed with turning on above the door way.
Thanks for anything you have to offer.

**A: why did this owner not file a claim with the HOA and hire a PI attorney? The HOA is supposed to have general liability insurance.

W

wheels222

Can you tell me what HOA is??? A lawyer has approached the owner and there is insurance on the building but wondered about specific cases dealing with injury in a condo property situation involving one of the condo owners.
Thank you.

HomeGuru

wheels222 said:
Can you tell me what HOA is???

**A: Home Owner's Association.
A lawyer has approached the owner and there is insurance on the building but wondered about specific cases dealing with injury in a condo property situation involving one of the condo owners.
Thank you.

**A: what is your involvement in this case?

W

wheels222

I looked into the HOA and it appears to be more involved online with California residents. What about in MA.??
I am the injured party and have been through two surgeries and one more next week... have been nonweightbearing since 12/25/2002~! No other owners have even approached me or called except one, and I have been totally house-bounded due to the inability to drive.... RIGHT leg! I have to depend on VNA, and their aides for help but just finished the 30 day visits...
So, just curious because there seems to be a problem with discovery in this area!
Thank you again!

HomeGuru

Re: Re: reply for information regarding condo case

HomeGuru said:
**A: why did this owner not file a claim with the HOA and hire a PI attorney? The HOA is supposed to have general liability insurance.

W

wheels222

I have papers for a PI lawyer to sign.. but was curious about previous cases in this area...
Also, the insurance company of the condo assoc. does have a claim representative assigned to the case. That person has NOT contacted me as yet!
I wasn't sure whether or not to sign the papers until I did research and wondered if 33 1/3 % of settlement was reseanable share for the lawyer.
Again, thank you.

HomeGuru

wheels222 said:
I have papers for a PI lawyer to sign.. but was curious about previous cases in this area...
Also, the insurance company of the condo assoc. does have a claim representative assigned to the case. That person has NOT contacted me as yet!
I wasn't sure whether or not to sign the papers until I did research and wondered if 33 1/3 % of settlement was reseanable share for the lawyer.
Again, thank you.

**A: that's the problem, you have no leverage. Hire the attorney right away and let them deal with the insurance company. The 33 1/3% is pretty much standard in the PI industry.

W

wheels222

Thank you so much for your help and advice... I truly appreciate it... if you think of any cases that would help out, would love to have them as reference...... take care...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">