• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadyFable

Several months ago, I had a slip and fall while staying at a hotel for the weekend. Due to negligence on the part of the grounds keeper, I slipped and fell on water that came into my room. I tweaked my back, neck and pulled a groin muscle. Additionally, I was less than 2 months post op from major abdominal surgery and risked having the wound open up. I missed 4 days of work as a result of the fall. I assumed since the hotel admitted fault, that I would not be charged for the room. Well, I was wrong. I was charged full price for the room. I am requesting compensation for lost wages, reimbursement for the room as well as a voucher for two free stays at a later date. Am I eligible to receive any other form of compensation as payment for my "pain and suffering." ????? I guess I dont want to settle for less than what I am due. Thank you.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyFable:
Several months ago, I had a slip and fall while staying at a hotel for the weekend. Due to negligence on the part of the grounds keeper, I slipped and fell on water that came into my room. I tweaked my back, neck and pulled a groin muscle. Additionally, I was less than 2 months post op from major abdominal surgery and risked having the wound open up. I missed 4 days of work as a result of the fall. I assumed since the hotel admitted fault, that I would not be charged for the room. Well, I was wrong. I was charged full price for the room. I am requesting compensation for lost wages, reimbursement for the room as well as a voucher for two free stays at a later date. Am I eligible to receive any other form of compensation as payment for my "pain and suffering." ????? I guess I dont want to settle for less than what I am due. Thank you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then get yourself a personal injury attorney so he/she can review the facts to see if you have a worthwhile case.

J

Jed

You want the motel to give you a coupon for a free stay? If they were that stupid they'd probably lose their insurance underwriter. I'm sure you'll never be welcome back reguardless of who admits fault. You have now become a high risk customer. Don't plan on staying there again.

L

LadyFable

Gee Jed....... thank you for your warm and supportive posting...Unfortunately,you are wrong. Since my fall, not only have I stayed at that hotel but many in the same hotel chain and have been welcomed to come back with open arms. Not only am I going to be reimbursed for the room but I AM receiving a voucher for a future stay (due to their negligence of allowing the water to enter my hotel room) PLUS reimburse me for lost wages as well. They are a big hotel chain. They don't want to lose business or have bad publicity. I have a check in the mail coming to me, and the hotel site manager has called to apologize. Gee....... did you say something about me not being welcomed back ? Think again sweetheart........No need to reply.. you will only make yourself look like the arse that you are...

D

davy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyFable:
Gee Jed....... thank you for your warm and supportive posting...Unfortunately,you are wrong. Since my fall, not only have I stayed at that hotel but many in the same hotel chain and have been welcomed to come back with open arms. Not only am I going to be reimbursed for the room but I AM receiving a voucher for a future stay (due to their negligence of allowing the water to enter my hotel room) PLUS reimburse me for lost wages as well. They are a big hotel chain. They don't want to lose business or have bad publicity. I have a check in the mail coming to me, and the hotel site manager has called to apologize. Gee....... did you say something about me not being welcomed back ? Think again sweetheart........No need to reply.. you will only make yourself look like the arse that you are...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They why your original post if things are so rosy ?

L

LadyFable

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by davy:
They why your original post if things are so rosy ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davy... apparently you did not read the original posting nor did you note the date. My original post was made to try to get an idea of what my injury was worth in regards to being compensated for my injury, loss of wages and pain and suffering.It was not posted because I was having problems with the hotel chain. Since the original posting, I contacted a personal injury lawyer. I received some GOOD solid advice from a professional who knows what they are talking about. Additionally, I have spoken to the hotel chain who have agreed to pay the settlement I have asked for. Why? because they know they were at fault. My original post wasnt done to paint a less than rosey picture. I was seeking advice.....

J

Jed

From reading your last two replys it's apparent what kind of person you are. I'll bet you slip and fall quite often don't you?
I'm sure letting you back goes against the advice of there underwriter, oh well people like you trump up crap like this, the motel insurance pays, their insurance rates go up and they pass it on to you.
Another favorite for your type is to slip in the tub. Who knows, you might be able to 6 or 8 free stays from that! Looser!!

L

Lady Fable

Jed, I'll have you know I do not do this all the time. This type of thing has only happened to me four other times in the last five years. That's less than once a year!
If I fall and hurt myself why shouldn't someone else pay reguardless of how stupid or careless I may be? I still have doctor bills that my welfare check will not cover.
I come here to get help and advise and some jerk like you has to be a smart ass! Next time keep your opinions to yourself.

L

LadyFable

::laughing::: ok.. you think you are cute... but you are nothing but an arse. I was going to edit that last posting that someone posted using my name.I'll leave it so every one can see what an arse you are Jed.. you do not know me.. I do not know you.. I came to this board seeking advice from knowledgeable professionals, not opinions from people who have no knowledge of the laws. It does nothing but make you look like an idiot.You know an awful lot about welfare Jed. If I ever lose my job I will come to you seeking advice on that area of which you are obviously an expert.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">