• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fool

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drlong

What is the name of your state? pa
A child(10 years old) playing in my back driveway injured himself when he fell off his scooter breaking through my glass window.
I was served a lawsuit for negligence for cracks in pavement which is claimed to have caused his injuries.

My insurance co. covered the damages to my office and the plaintiff's insurer paid for my deductible. I received compensation last year and now the plaintiff decided to sue.

I gave this over to my insurer. In my opinion, isn't it common sense that he was on a dangerous toy and shouldn't have been im my backyard to begin with. I have never allowed anyone to play there contrary to the plaintiff's allegations and my cement is even.

What do you think the outcome will be?

stephenk

As I glance in my crystal ball, I see fog and mist. Who knows what can happen.

Your insurance can decide to pay some money to the kid, they can decide not to pay, the kid can file a lawsuit, the kid can drop the whole matter, the case can go to trial and a verict in your favor, the case can go to trial and a verdict in the kid's favor. Pick one of the above choices.

HomeGuru

When I glance into my crystal ball, all I can see is Britney Spears dancing with a Pepsi in hand.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

When I look into my crystal ball, all I see is my gallbladder being removed. Damn !

Homie, your crystal ball is better than mine. Where did you get yours?

In summary, doctor, what were all telling you is that there's no way to predict what might, or what might not, happen in your fact scenario - - especially where there are such skimpy facts.

IAAL

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

When I look into my crystal ball, all I see is my gallbladder being removed. Damn !

Homie, your crystal ball is better than mine. Where did you get yours?

**A: IAAL, I got mine on ebay!

P

ProResearch

Crystal BALLS? ..... aren't they rather delicate, fellas? LOL I don't have any balls, so I will give you my "free advice" ;-)

What *they* are trying to say, is contact someone who is in a position to help you personally....... an attorney!

You need to know what are your rights, what are *their* rights, what outcomes in these possible situations happen in your county and state. All states are different, and in legal terms they call them 'jurisdictions.' Some jurisdictions are lenient, others are conservative.... others are quite strict. An attorney will know how best to answer your questions, whether you actually *hire* him/her or not, you need to consult with one or more......

For help with attorney referral, consult your white/yellow pages for your state's / city's attorney bar association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">