• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slip & Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Should I get a lawyer?

I went out to eat with my husband and fell down the stairs.
I fractured my ankle and have been out for two weeks now.
I contacted the resturant and their insurance adjuster has asked me a few questions and mailed me two release forms-

Medical release form
Wage Authorization form

I did ask them to pay for my insurance co-pym and loss wages only. Should I sign the forms? Should I contact an attorney? What does Wage Authorization allow exactly?

Your advise is greatly appriciated!



I'm sorry, I forgot to include- I live in Louisiana.
Thanks again.

[Edited by atiass on 06-16-2001 at 01:07 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential