• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slipped on Ice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PDV

I filed a claim with an insurance company because I fell on ice on the property that I was renting. My landlord lives below me. The adjuster is basically saying that the insurance company is tittering on paying or denying my claim because the landlord says she maintains the property well and the day in question she did not get home until after 3:00 pm so therefore that is why the snow was not shoveled. I fell around 7:45 am. I fell on ice that had accumulated. I knew the ice was there and I tried to step over it. The light snow fall made it impossible to see where it started and ended. Is she liable? The insurance company seems to be downplaying the liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">