• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slow HMO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tman90

I have a family member that was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus in Mid Jan of this year. At that time it was considered to be operable with a decent chance of removing all the cancer. The HMO has constantly dragged their feet getting consult approvals and in many cases didn't forward test results to the Oncologist. This past week after finally getting approval for laser surgery they discovered the cancer has now grown to the point they can't do surgery and chemo or radiation MIGHT slow down the inevitable. We all live in California, is there any recourse my family has against the HMO?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, it is called aggravated injury. The fact that now the cancer is "terminal" instead of treatable may be the result of the HMO's negligence. You need to immediately seek a medical malpractice attorney who has experience with HMOs. Try attorneypages.com and see what happens.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">