• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small business bank claims that my drivers' license has been altered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eggman2001

New York State

So here is my situation:

I fill out an application for a small business checking account at an online bank. A rep contacts me the next day and asks me to send him a copy of my drivers' license. I ask him if it's okay that I scan it and e-mail it to him. He says fine.

I don't hear from them for a couple of days, so this morning I check the site to see what the status is. It says that my application has been declined. I call the rep up and ask for clarification. All he says is that my drivers' license was visibly altered (which it absolutely was not), and he refuses to give me any further information other than to say that he'll contact the 'risk department' and that they would get in touch with me.

To top it off, they even closed down my personal account that I had with them!

Do I have a case here?

Just Blue

eggman2001 said:
New York State

So here is my situation:

I fill out an application for a small business checking account at an online bank. A rep contacts me the next day and asks me to send him a copy of my drivers' license. I ask him if it's okay that I scan it and e-mail it to him. He says fine.

I don't hear from them for a couple of days, so this morning I check the site to see what the status is. It says that my application has been declined. I call the rep up and ask for clarification. All he says is that my drivers' license was visibly altered (which it absolutely was not), and he refuses to give me any further information other than to say that he'll contact the 'risk department' and that they would get in touch with me.

Do I have a case here?
A case for what?:confused:

seniorjudge

eggman2001 said:
New York State

So here is my situation:

Do I have a case here?

Q: Do I have a case here?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">