• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court for 2 loans in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1111grl8

So I have some follow up information on this. My ex has agreed to sign a contract I plan on drawing up for the two loans that express his agreement to pay the monthly balance on the loans. I know to get this notarized. Is this good enough to hold up in court in case things go that way later?

quincy

So I have some follow up information on this. My ex has agreed to sign a contract I plan on drawing up for the two loans that express his agreement to pay the monthly balance on the loans. I know to get this notarized. Is this good enough to hold up in court in case things go that way later?
Having an agreement in writing is always better than an oral agreement.

I suggest you have an attorney go over any agreement you draft to better ensure it does what you want it to do and that it is legally enforceable once signed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Notarization is not required, but it won't hurt, either. It will help straighten things out if he later claims that it isn't his signature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">