• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court or Other Options

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calypsoman3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I bought a TV off craigslist from a guy and went well. He told me he built custom computers for discounted price. Few weeks later i express interest in computer and we meet up. I pay him $750 and i get a receipt from him to build me a computer. 28 days later I have received no refund or computer after asking multiple times for either. He is in contact with me daily but just gives me excuses. He has lied multiple times to me and wasted countless hours telling me to drive 20 miles to an address and sitting there for a few hours only to find that the owner of the house does not know him.

I then find out where i bought the tv from (where i thought he lived) is not his residence anymore and he did not let me know he moved. I was able to track down his current residence and i also found out the name he wrote on the receipt is not his real name.

My question is what should i do. Going to Small Claims court does not seem like it will be helpful because i am in contact with him and know where he lives but he will not pay. so winning the small claims court case would just put me in the same boat i am currently in right? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I bought a TV off craigslist from a guy and went well. He told me he built custom computers for discounted price. Few weeks later i express interest in computer and we meet up. I pay him $750 and i get a receipt from him to build me a computer. 28 days later I have received no refund or computer after asking multiple times for either. He is in contact with me daily but just gives me excuses. He has lied multiple times to me and wasted countless hours telling me to drive 20 miles to an address and sitting there for a few hours only to find that the owner of the house does not know him.

I then find out where i bought the tv from (where i thought he lived) is not his residence anymore and he did not let me know he moved. I was able to track down his current residence and i also found out the name he wrote on the receipt is not his real name.

My question is what should i do. Going to Small Claims court does not seem like it will be helpful because i am in contact with him and know where he lives but he will not pay. so winning the small claims court case would just put me in the same boat i am currently in right? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
You could have included this with your previous thread:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/consumer-contracts-guarantees-warranties-22/paid-computer-person-have-not-received-611461.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">