• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

akage

Michigan - We are an Appraisal management company that frequently sues our non-paying clients in small claims court. We were told by 1 judge that we need every appraiser (independent contractors) to show up to court in order to prove that the appraisal was completed. We do business in all 50 states and this is an unreasonable request. Is there a law that states that as a corporation, a full-time employee can represent the company and the appraisals we own in court? Any help is appreciated.:D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

akage said:
Michigan - We are an Appraisal management company that frequently sues our non-paying clients in small claims court. We were told by 1 judge that we need every appraiser (independent contractors) to show up to court in order to prove that the appraisal was completed. We do business in all 50 states and this is an unreasonable request. Is there a law that states that as a corporation, a full-time employee can represent the company and the appraisals we own in court? Any help is appreciated.:D

My response:

This question is too complicated to respond to on a Bulletin Board. It would require lengthy explanations and a lengthy roundelay of posts between us to explain the laws and rules of "Evidence" and of "Hearsay" - - and to answer your anticipated questions on those subjects.

I would suggest, since you're a "national company," to pose this question to a local attorney for a full explanation of what is happening, what is required of your company, and why.

You should also discuss how this can be avoided in the future, and what your company will be required to do.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">