• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims limitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

john reed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois
i made a loan OF 1000 IN 2002. that person paid me 450 within the 1st year and1/2. two weeks ago that person paid somemore on the loan. I was told that i have up tp 7 years to go to small clains court. That would limit me to next year to file.. Does the most recent payment change that 7 years status or doI still have only until next year to go small claims?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illionois

JETX

i made a loan OF 1000 IN 2002. that person paid me 450 within the 1st year and1/2. two weeks ago that person paid somemore on the loan. I was told that i have up tp 7 years to go to small clains court. That would limit me to next year to file.. Does the most recent payment change that 7 years status or doI still have only until next year to go small claims?
The new payment reset the SOL 'clock'. Go ahead and file your lawsuit and present the evidence of the loan and the payments made including the date of the most recent payment.

If you win and collect, go buy a new keyboard. The 'caps shift' key is broken on your current one.

emach1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois
i made a loan OF 1000 IN 2002. that person paid me 450 within the 1st year and1/2. two weeks ago that person paid somemore on the loan. I was told that i have up tp 7 years to go to small clains court. That would limit me to next year to file.. Does the most recent payment change that 7 years status or doI still have only until next year to go small claims?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illionois
Hi, I just posted this link in another topic. It may have something to do with your case.
It's statute of limitations for debt collection for each state with more detail. Dont know if it helps or not but it is what it is:

Debt collection statute of limitations listed by state

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">