• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims, only Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ilsucks

Live in Illinois. Have only Liability. Other car hit me. Would I win in small claims for the more damage they caused my van?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Live in Illinois. Have only Liability. Other car hit me. Would I win in small claims for the more damage they caused my van?
Based on this post, we have no way of knowing since you didn't even explain the accident. Just because someone hit you doesn't make them automatically at fault.

As was mentioned previously, file a claim with the other driver's insurance.

Ilsucks

Was told to talk with a lawyer. It seems there is little can do at this point. In the past ,a lawyer by phone told me they can bring their insurance lawyers to small claims and win. Had another attorney say if the accident isn't over $5,000 or more, small claims would be useless. Plus the courts cant force judgements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">