• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Smalls claims case won not paid. Lien put on their home about to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rena5498

I received a judgement in my favor which was not paid by a contractor for not finishing a bathroom remodel. A lien was put on his home and the title company told us the home is selling next week and we can get paid. However, we have to provide the satisfaction form first before they release the check. We said no. The form states we were paid so we aren't providing it prior to getting paid. They stated the underwriter will not release the check until they get that form first. They told us the money will be put in escrow and to contact an attorney. What do we do now? I live in Philadelphia PA, but the judgement was transferred to Bucks County in PA because that is where the contractor lives.

adjusterjack

That's what title/escrow companies do. They hold everything in a pot until everybody complies with their requirements.

What you do now is provide the satisfaction form and you'll get your money.

Though I think I would first like to see the escrow instructions, or something in writing, that say you get paid. If not, just do it anyway. You've got nothing to lose since you were never going to get paid by that contractor anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">