• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sneak attack by evil ex spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? California

In June, my evil ex-spouse who I never hear from decided to use extortion tactics to get me to pay more child support. She asked for $600.00 increase, which I simply could not afford. We had an argument over it and she finally realized that most people simply do not have $600.00 to pay when somebody demands it.

During the course of the conversation she stated that she will allow me time to get my finances in order so that I could meet her request (which by the way was threatened with court). I wrote her a letter stating that I would be able to pay $250.00 until I was able to return to my part time job in Oct.

She never responded back to my letter and never stated this was insufficient. She never responded back to me at all after our talk in June. Now she served me with court papers to show my gross pay, etc. I feel like I have no rights and that she can step all over me even if we make verbal agreements.

This is the second surprise I have gotten from her this year. From a person I never ever hear from. I feel like I am being punished for something I did and I don't know what it is. She is blaming me for everything and makes it a point that she doesn't have to anything. She hasn't said a word to me in two years and this??

I am at my wit's end trying to figure out how to handle this situation. I pay child support for twin daughters with the ex-spouse who at least talks to me and lets me know what is going on with my daughters. This other ex-spouse and her father has ruined my relationship with my children and it's very upsetting.

To further complicate matters, my other ex and I have made verbal agreements to increase child support, how will I show this besides in cancelled checks? My evil ex-spouse claims she is paying $800.00 for rent, but she's not (she's living with her father). I don't understand how she can get away with lying when every thing seems to be in her favor anyway.

I have 50% physical and legal custody of the children and that is another issue in of itself. Will a lawyer handle the support and custody issue? I haven't pressed her on the time I want with the children, but I am frusrtated due to distance and everything that I cannot push the issue much.

Somebody please help me before I lose my mind.



in my oponion, yes a lawyer will do the paper work, any amount paid regularly on the first children will be added to your new child support. She has the right to get a child support order from the court which is best for her.you can go to the state law center for your state and get the forms for child support and figure the amount the state requires you to pay subject to your income ,also
they do take her income into account to.
Child support is coucolatated on income of both parties, there is a duduction for prior childen on support and daycare paid, also insurance paid.
Ck out the form it may help to stop your worries.


You have 50% custody and are paying visitation?
Doesn't child support depend on how often you have the children?

She sounds extremely vindictive....I'd invest the money into a good attorney. I wouldn't make any more verbal agreements with her....ever. (not even if it seems easier.)


Senior Member
in cases of split custody, support can be ordered to "even out" the incomes in both the households. If mom makes considerably less that dad, she may still be eligible for a support amount. If the dad has a prior legal support order, that amount can be minused from his income before figuring his new obligation.

you need to consult a lawyer, and work out a legal support and custody arrangment

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential