• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sneaky ex-wife lying to court...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lagilday

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Hampshire.

Ex Wife and I went to court a 5 months ago concerning changes in child support and visitation. My girls are 15 & 16. I had no problem with an increase in child support, it had been 4 years since the last increase and was due. However I did have a problem with the other things that she wanted...to stop all visitation except holidays, to be able to claim both girls on taxes (I was originally awarded both of them to claim, but offered ex the youngest 8 years ago to help her out financially) to have me pay for all medical (I do not have medical insurance through my employer, I have it through my current wife) both insured and uninsured, plus child support.

Ex lives way above her means, has poor credit (even used 1 daughters credit to get utilities til I found out and put a stop to it) and has a "roommate" that pays for half the household bills but plays the poor single mother role very well and claims FULL financial responsiblity for all household bills on her "Financial Affidavit". Never mentioning the roommate.

Anyway, we received "Decision" from the judge which approved the increase in child support to only $ 157.00 (took into consideration my step child), and that the girls had to continue their once a month visitation. Nothing else was changed or "determined". Yesterday we received a "Motion for Clarification" written by my ex and approved by the judge stating that she could claim both girls on her taxes (just 2 weeks till the end of the year-how nice) It was dated 11/01/05. It also states that I received a copy before she submitted it to the courts and "signed" my name in agreement. I had never seen the document before and obviouly never "signed it". What do I do now? Is this legal? Shouldn't the judge have ordered it effective for the 2006 tax year? Do I have any recourse? Please advise. Thanks, Scott

LdiJ

lagilday said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Hampshire.

Ex Wife and I went to court a 5 months ago concerning changes in child support and visitation. My girls are 15 & 16. I had no problem with an increase in child support, it had been 4 years since the last increase and was due. However I did have a problem with the other things that she wanted...to stop all visitation except holidays, to be able to claim both girls on taxes (I was originally awarded both of them to claim, but offered ex the youngest 8 years ago to help her out financially) to have me pay for all medical (I do not have medical insurance through my employer, I have it through my current wife) both insured and uninsured, plus child support.

Ex lives way above her means, has poor credit (even used 1 daughters credit to get utilities til I found out and put a stop to it) and has a "roommate" that pays for half the household bills but plays the poor single mother role very well and claims FULL financial responsiblity for all household bills on her "Financial Affidavit". Never mentioning the roommate.

Anyway, we received "Decision" from the judge which approved the increase in child support to only $ 157.00 (took into consideration my step child), and that the girls had to continue their once a month visitation. Nothing else was changed or "determined". Yesterday we received a "Motion for Clarification" written by my ex and approved by the judge stating that she could claim both girls on her taxes (just 2 weeks till the end of the year-how nice) It was dated 11/01/05. It also states that I received a copy before she submitted it to the courts and "signed" my name in agreement. I had never seen the document before and obviouly never "signed it". What do I do now? Is this legal? Shouldn't the judge have ordered it effective for the 2006 tax year? Do I have any recourse? Please advise. Thanks, Scott
Are you certain that you didn't sign something without realizing what you were signing? It would be incredibly stupid for mom to submit something to the court with a forged signature.

In any case, if you can prove that your signature is a forgery, then you need to file a a motion to dismiss the order based on that fact....and no, the judge wasn't required to order it to be effective for 2006.

lagilday

Positive... When I called her the other night and asked her about it, she stated that "I had told you I didn't understand why the judge didn't mention it in the decision and you agreed". (referring to 5 months ago when the original decision came in)

What I had agreed to was that I didn't understand why the judge hadn't mentioned it in the decision, however I had continued with; "the fact that it wasn't mentioned, leads me to believe that nothing has changed regarding that issue, if the judge wanted it to change they would have mentioned it"(again, referring to the conversation 5 months ago).

At no time since that converstaion did she ever mention petitioning the courts for a motion of clarification, nor did I see a copy of what she did submit until a few days ago when I got the most recent "decision".

"It would be incredibly stupid for mom to submit something to the court with a forged signature."

I forgot to mention that she is not the brightest bulb in the pack... One of the many reasons I divorced her 15 years ago.

So a "Motion to Dismiss" would be what I want? I guess I would have to explain the reason why?

Thanks for your help.

LdiJ

lagilday said:
So a "Motion to Dismiss" would be what I want? I guess I would have to explain the reason why?

Thanks for your help.
Yes...you have to explain why.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">