• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So broke

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lucky4822

What is the name of your state? indiana
Hi, I filed for chapter 13 about 3 yrs ago. Any ways my problem is even with the payments i have struggled. I have a profit sharing load that i couldnt file bankruptcy on that they didnt take in consideration. Whic basically means instead of 4 checks a month i only make 3. i couldnt file chap 7 becuz i own a house, well my and my mother do and the priced owed was less than what i owed to creditors. I just dont understand how they (even though i did this to myself,) dismiss some peoples debts, but make others suffer. But my question is if im ever late on a payment will they cancel my bankruptcy? i have some how managed to make it now but with house taxes and everything but my check going up im totally stressed out :eek: . I cant get any help, had to get off my medications becuz all the money i make goes towrds my bankruptcy payment and all living expenses. I guess i am just looking for some relief, i need some kind of help before i just give up.
I guess im just upset becuz i see people file chap. 7 and then still go out spending like they are rich, and i am struggling day to day.

bigun

How much longer is your plan? In. has really low bk exemptions and the rule is, unsecured creditors can't receive less in a Chapter 13 than they'd have gotten in a Chapter 7.
Call your lawyer and see if your plan can be modified.

lucky4822

indiana
i have 2 yrs to go on my bankruptcy...and im sorry but i didnt understand any thing you wrote..lol...i am just scared with everything going up but my paycheck, or if i get sick and cant work if i miss a payment will they just cancel it all and ill be back at square one. as it is now i cant even miss an hour of work or i wouldnt have gas or the simple things. i dont know how some people get away with so much and im trying to do the right thing and pay everything back but yet cant catch a break.
and i have tried to call my trustee and my lawyer, i cant get an answer or any info that i cant understand. thanks for replying though.....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">