• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So confused! (Texas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flashjordan

Hi I was pulled over about a month and a half ago, i was approached, he said he saw a knife and said get out of the vehicle. He got me out of my vehicle with my hands up and detained me for his safety and asked if I have smoked any weed today. I said yes sir and I have 1 gram in my front right pocket. He searches all my belongings and then begins to question me where I got it and that he can make it disappear if I help him. I told him I was to scared to snitch and he said okay well I'm going to let you go but your weed is coming with me. He released me with no info no papers not even a reason I was pulled over. A month later I'm pulled over for a warrant for the same incident with that officer. Please help me make sense of this

quincy

Hi I was pulled over about a month and a half ago, i was approached, he said he saw a knife and said get out of the vehicle. He got me out of my vehicle with my hands up and detained me for his safety and asked if I have smoked any weed today. I said yes sir and I have 1 gram in my front right pocket. He searches all my belongings and then begins to question me where I got it and that he can make it disappear if I help him. I told him I was to scared to snitch and he said okay well I'm going to let you go but your weed is coming with me. He released me with no info no papers not even a reason I was pulled over. A month later I'm pulled over for a warrant for the same incident with that officer. Please help me make sense of this
You should speak to a criminal defense attorney ONLY. Something sounds "fishy" about the stop, search, and the events that have followed.

Good luck.

The officer took the information on you to the narcs, and asked if they were interested in getting you to become a CI. They probably said no, so he simply got an arrest warrant for the drugs you admitted to having in your possession.

quincy

The officer took the information on you to the narcs, and asked if they were interested in getting you to become a CI. They probably said no, so he simply got an arrest warrant for the drugs you admitted to having in your possession.
That is filling in an awful lot of blanks.

That is filling in an awful lot of blanks.
I just looked at it from past personal experience.
We never had any real interest in anyone who had a gram or two of weed, we were interested in where they got it from, and if that person sold other sorts of drugs as well, and would they trade stolen goods for drugs.
My attitude was that if someone wanted to put drugs into their bodies, it was up to them. But the real concern was how they got the money to pay for those drugs, which I believe is still the root cause of many crimes.

quincy

An arrest warrant on a drug charge for which Flashjordan was never cited?

More information is needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">