• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sxemama

South Carolina

Hi, I am 17 yrs. old. I will be 18 in February 2004. I am receiving benefits because my father died. I've dropped out of school, and I recently received a letter saying that my benefits will be stopped in January 2004. I wanted to know is there anyway I can continue to receive these benefits, like if I was to take a Homeschool program, or take GED classes, could I still get the benefits then?

Thank you,
Dana

S

sxemama

It says if you're in elementary or secondary school you'll continue to get benefits, but what i'm trying to figure out is Homeschool or GED classes considered to be secondary school.

nextwife

Go back, FINISH school, and get your benefits. Why must you stop school at just 17 with so little formal educatuon?

Last edited:
J

jez51

sxemama said:
It says if you're in elementary or secondary school you'll continue to get benefits, but what i'm trying to figure out is Homeschool or GED classes considered to be secondary school.
Sorry Hon, but you have to be enrolled in a secondary school full time, GED classes won't work, not sure about the homeschooling, call Social Security and ask....

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Consequences sometimes suck. Should've done some more research before dropping out. Go back to school, or go get a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">