• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kken409

Virgina
hat is the name of your state? HELLO ,i live in VIRGINA,I got a Lawyer 2 years ago,I have fibromyalgia,and a form of arthritis,and chronic pain and fatigue.I have been turned down a few times for diability,Social Security sent me to one of there doctorsand he agreed with my doctor that I was unable to work.Then they turned me down again ,So then my lawyer said we would go to court,we did ,it took 6 months to get in.Well the judge said sence so much time had gone by that he wanted me to be seen bye one of there doctors again and then he would make a decision,well when we left there my lawyer said it looked really good that he thought we will win,well they sent me to there Doctor two weeks latter and the doctor said to me that he agreed with the first doctor they sent me to.wellthat was a month ago or more,and we have not heard from judge or ssi.I have lost almost everything I owned except my trailer its been very hard ,and I am about to lose my trailer ,I am only 42 ,my sex lfe ,well there is none,Im not worth to much any more,I have alot of bad days ,they said when I get my money I will feel better, well it wont take the desease away but it woould keep my family under a roof,I dont think I can take much more pain or boredom,I cant stand doing nothing,And when I get my money my wife will probley leave me any how.I want to no if something happens to me will she still get my back money they owe me ,and would this process go faster.

C

CIAA

kken,
We are not attorneys and don't give legal advice. However, based on our experience, most people don't understand or appreciate the problems, psychologically and socially, that a disability can cause. In "the business" it's called "functional overlay", and is supposed to be taken into account in properly evaluating any disability.

Chances are your attorney fees will eat up most of your back benefits if approved, but that's ok. It sounds like your attorney is on track and that you will get approval....I would think within the next 60-90 days. I know that seems like a long time, but the doctor must dictate the report, typed and mailed, then SSD must screw around with it for 30 days before they figure out where it belongs...you know the drill.

The extent to which your wife is entitled to future benefits is a question for a family attorney and would, I suspect, be based on the individual circumstances, her future employability , state law, etc.

Hopefully, with the approval of SSD, you and your family can catch your breath and have a chance to start working on the next most important thing and that is realizing and adjusting to the tauma that you and your family have gone through.... it's that "functional overlay" I mentioned. It causes depression, fear, anxiety, lowered immune system, and other problems for both you and your loved ones.

All the best .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">