• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

social security number in wrong hands

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Madeinheaven73

What is the name of your state? California

i'm not sure what forum to put this under so please feel free to correct me.

my husbands ex-girlfriend used his social security number to obtain a preliminary report from our title company. isn't that Illegal? she sent an order over to the title company stating that we were taking out a loan for $200,000.00. she gave them my husbands full name,ssn,address and phone #. she did it all through the loan office she works for. The only reason we found out was because we received a copy of the preliminary report through the mail and it had her name on it as the one who ordered it. we are getting a copy of the order sent to us from the title company. please let us know what we can do legally about this.
thanks for your time!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Madeinheaven73 said:
What is the name of your state? California

i'm not sure what forum to put this under so please feel free to correct me.

my husbands ex-girlfriend used his social security number to obtain a preliminary report from our title company. isn't that Illegal? she sent an order over to the title company stating that we were taking out a loan for $200,000.00. she gave them my husbands full name,ssn,address and phone #. she did it all through the loan office she works for. The only reason we found out was because we received a copy of the preliminary report through the mail and it had her name on it as the one who ordered it. we are getting a copy of the order sent to us from the title company. please let us know what we can do legally about this.
thanks for your time!
**A: ok, consider yourself corrected.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">