• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Social Security Number on job application.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajkroy

It isn't like it makes much of a difference to safeguard your SS# anymore. After the Equifax breach and other smaller breaches, almost all us already have our info out there.

Based on your posts, it seems like you would rather have an excuse to be contrary or ruffle some feathers.

Best of luck in getting a job.

quincy

I won't argue here about details of macroeconomics and unemployment rate calculation methods. "Now hiring" signs on every business' window and swelling classified ads suggest that those numbers are rather realistic.
A state's unemployment rate is an average. You have areas in Florida where the unemployment rate is greater than 4%.

It isn't like it makes much of a difference to safeguard your SS# anymore. After the Equifax breach and other smaller breaches, almost all us already have our info out there.

Based on your posts, it seems like you would rather have an excuse to be contrary or ruffle some feathers.

Best of luck in getting a job.
I do have a good job now, am on the market only in search for a possible better pay, and can afford to stay where I am if I don't find it. You can call raising the SS# issue "ruffle some feathers", but for me it is just a small way to expose repulsive corporate dictatorship. Too bad I cannot sue them for that. Thanks again to 'Taxing Matters' for clarification.

eerelations

With current unemployment rate (under 3% in FL) it is an EMPLOYEE'S market. Employers scramble to find at least somewhat qualified help for any position, from shop assistant to NASA physicist. Thank you, President Trump!
I have the sneaking suspicion that President Trump would prefer the law to allow - nay, force - American employers to obtain SSNs from people before letting them even apply for jobs.

Just Blue

I do have a good job now, am on the market only in search for a possible better pay, and can afford to stay where I am if I don't find it. You can call raising the SS# issue "ruffle some feathers", but for me it is just a small way to expose repulsive corporate dictatorship. Too bad I cannot sue them for that. Thanks again to 'Taxing Matters' for clarification.
One of the largest and most repulsive corporate "dictators" is trump. Take a very close look at his business background before offering him thanks.

I have the sneaking suspicion that President Trump would prefer the law to allow - nay, force - American employers to obtain SSNs from people before letting them even apply for jobs.
Our personal political "suspicions"/opinions are not a subject of this discussion. I repeat myself: the fact is that "Help wanted" signs blossomed abundantly in the last two years.

ajkroy

Our personal political "suspicions"/opinions are not a subject of this discussion. I repeat myself: the fact is that "Help wanted" signs blossomed abundantly in the last two years.
Yes, but this is a "gig" economy. Having three jobs, being a part-time cab-driver in your own car, and renting your house out like a hotel does not mean the economy is booming as much as you think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">